How to setup bigpond mail on Outlook 2016 app
Bigpond Phone Support Call Toll Free 1800-849-315
Outlook email is accessible as a part of Microsoft Office product. Outlook is usually used for email access however it may also be used as a task manager, calendar, note-taking, journals, and net browsing. Outlook may be a personal info manager from the user from Microsoft. If the user wants to get updated with the email, they download Outlook app on the desktop, which gives a live update of send and receive email. Here we are going to let you know how to setup your bigpond mail on your Outlook app on desktop, here the the steps
Outlook email is accessible as a part of Microsoft Office product. Outlook is usually used for email access however it may also be used as a task manager, calendar, note-taking, journals, and net browsing. Outlook may be a personal info manager from the user from Microsoft. If the user wants to get updated with the email, they download Outlook app on the desktop, which gives a live update of send and receive email. Here we are going to let you know how to set up your BigPond mail on your Outlook app on the desktop, here the steps
POP: – The full form of POP is Post Office Protocol. A pop account can be accessed in both mobiles and laptops but the POP account does not have the quality of automatic mail sync. These accounts do not even sync the calendar associated with the account and the contacts as well. A POP account has a specialty of storing emails locally. In this type of account if the user makes any changes that change could not be made permanent because this type of accounts is not linked to the webmail server.
IMAP: – IMAP stands for Internet Message Access Protocol. Imap accounts can be set up in any any device, it can be a cell phone or laptop or desktop. Imap accounts have a specialty of email syncing automatically from the server. If anyone makes any change in their emails than no email will be deleted like pop mail server because this is linked with the webmail server and whatever user make changes the webmail account will be there on the webmail server.
ACTIVESYNC: – The ACTIVESYNC accounts are one of the best kind of accounts and are compatible with all device that can be laptop, desktop, mobile, tablet. ACTIVESYNC account has a feature of auto syncing mails, calendar and contacts. Whatever changes the user makes in mails, calendar or the contacts, everything will be saved on the webmail server also and cannot be lost in any situation.
Steps To configure bigpond email on Outlook are as follows: –
1. Open Outlook app and click File than Add Account.
2. On next screen, enter your big pond mail address, then click on Advanced options, then check the box (set up account manually) and then click on Connect tab
3. Select your account type., that is IMAP.
4. if you need to look up mail settings, see the POP and IMAP account settings.
5. Enter your incoming and outgoing server settings (and then select Next.)
6. Enter your password and then select Connect.
- • Account type: IMAP
Incoming server details:
- • Incoming server address: imap.telstra.com
- • Incoming server port: 993
- • Encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing server details:
- • Outgoing server address: smtp.telstra.com
- • Outgoing server port: 465 (recommended) or 587
- • SMTP authentication: On
- • Encrypted connection: SSL/TLS on port 465 (recommended) or STARTTLS on port 587
Username & Password:
- • User name: Your Telstra email address – ending in ‘@bigpond.com’, ‘@bigpond.net.au’ or ‘@telstra.com’
- • Password: Your Telstra email account password – REMEMBER it’s case sensitive.
Other settings to check:
- • Make sure ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’ is ticked.